Electronics Team Lead – (Design, EMC) – £65k – (Hybrid Working)
eliteppartners Elite People Partners Ltd
A Service Beyond the Ordinary
Electronics Team Lead – (Design, Schematic Capture, EMC) – £65k – Reading (Hybrid Working)
Are you looking to build on your skills and expertise on a portfolio of technically complex products? Would you like an opportunity to develop your electronics skills in a close-knit, dynamic team environment?
My client designs a range of state-of-the-art solutions for some of the most technically advanced defence and security platforms in the world, and we’re seeking experienced electronics engineer who can apply their knowledge and skills in an engineering leadership role. My client has built up a team passionate about developing products for a safer world and we are now looking for like-minded Electronics Team Lead – (Design, Schematic Capture, EMC) to join them and lead the team.
As Electronics Team Lead – (Design, Schematic Capture, EMC), you will be responsible for leading and managing a team of electronics engineers to complete design tasks across any stage of the product or programme life cycle, and to do this within cost, schedule, performance & quality requirements. You will work collaboratively with a multi-disciplinary internal team, including the Solution Engineering Manager and software, mechanical or safety engineers to ensure the design and delivery are aligned to the outlined objectives and milestones.
As a professional engineer, you’ll be responsible for the design and development of products that comply with regulatory safety and environmental standards including EMC standards, RoHS, Reach, WEEE and relevant Safety Directives.
Your key responsibilities of the Electronics Team Lead – (Design, Schematic Capture, EMC):
- 20% Mentoring-Development of Team / 80% Hands on Electronics Engineering
- Manage the day-to-day activity of a team of engineers (plan, prioritise and allocate tasks within the team, negotiating between projects where necessary)
- Provide technical direction to the team to ensure that technical challenges/risks are being mitigated, providing support where required
- Carry out design of electronic systems and circuit assemblies
- Engage with a multi-disciplinary team across the project (systems, mechanical, software, safety, etc) to develop an optimum solution
- Lead the generation of bids and estimates and provide consultancy on electronic solutions
- Generate electronics specifications, architectures and development or verification plans
- Monitor progress of work against cost, schedule, and performance
- Ensure work carried out by the team is conducted in accordance with company processes
- Deliver high quality, value-adding development discussions with members of the team
- Contribute to the development of the wider Electronics team, e.g., developing junior members of staff, proposing, and implementing improvements and reviewing the work of peers
- Lead or participate in fault-finding activities, technical investigations, reviews, and improvement projects
Your skills and experience of the Electronics Team Lead – (Design, Schematic Capture, EMC):
- Demonstrated responsibility for driving innovative technical solutions through the design lifecycle with a proven record of delivering to cost, schedule and quality
- Experience in electronics circuit design using schematic capture packages (Cadence, Mentor Graphics or similar)
- Experience in the entire product lifecycle from bid/concept through to system integration/qualification and support.
- Comfortable challenging the norm, and directing or influencing electronics design approaches and processes
- Proven experience in consulting, supporting, and auditing activities of multiple projects and resources simultaneously
- Extensive experience in selecting innovative technologies, tools and methods and ensuring they hold traction within the team
- Contribution to defining policies and guidelines for your business unit or department
- Prior experience of performance and absence management within the team including the development of more junior engineers
You must hold or be eligible for SC Clearance – please refer to the UKSV website for more information
What’s on offer:
My client is committed to giving you opportunities to be your best. They believe in embracing the passion and potential of their people, and to achieve this they offer:
- £55,000 – £65,000 (depending on experience)
- Hybrid Working
- Matched Pension
- 25 days’ holiday plus bank holidays
- Life Assurance
- Private Healthcare
- Additional Flexible Benefits.
- Career Progression
- Training and Development programmes
- Mentor and Coaching
Your health and well-being matters, and that’s why my client offers you the flexibility to do what’s important to you, whether that’s part time hours, job sharing, home working, or the ability to flex your start and finish times. Where possible, my client will support a working pattern that suits your lifestyle and helps you reach your ambitions.
My client wants to have offered the role to the successful candidate within weeks so if you are interested, please don’t hesitate to contact me. My client offers a 2-stage process that can be completed within 2 weeks subject to your availability.
If you are interested in this role, please apply to this role with your CV attached.