Head of SLAM – £200K + Shares – London
Eliteppartners Elite People Partners Ltd
A Service Beyond the Ordinary
Head of SLAM – £Very Attractive + Shares – London
My client is looking for a Head of SLAM to join their exciting start-up who are working on innovative projects in Augmented Reality.
Due to the success of the company, they expand the team in 2022 and will continue to grow in 2023 and this Head of SLAM will be tasked with building and leading a dynamic team focused on developing innovative computer vision tracking products. so, if you are a R&D/Computer Vision Leader with Camera based SLAM experience looking for one of London’s most exciting innovation companies to join then this role is for you!
- Reporting to the VP of Technology, based in our head office in London.
- As the Head of SLAM, you will be leading a dynamic team who are designing and developing innovative computer vision and machine learning algorithms.
- Research & keep up to date with developments, bringing out of the box ideas enabling us to continue to deliver innovative solutions on time and to specification.
- Build, lead and develop the team to encourage innovative ideas with a strong focus on research, while aligning with the technology roadmap.
- Feedback the high-level overview of performance, considering any risks or trade-offs.
- Quantitatively assess and report on internal and external technologies.
- Contribute to developing new IP.
Experience – Must have
- 10 Years of working with SLAM based Products
- SLAM experience must be camera based
- Experience leading the team that delivered SLAM in a commercial product
- Experience developing a product-centric Computer Vision team.
- Experience using Jetson hardware, C++/CUDA and parallel programming, as well as Python.
- Understanding of mathematical algorithms and 3d coordinate spaces.
- You will demonstrate a strong research background and be able to develop new IP.
- You will be organised and demonstrate strong project management and planning experience, enabling you to work to short time deliverables.
- We are looking for a motivating but hands on leader who is has deep understanding of computer vision technologies.
- Ability to adapt to a fast moving start up and aligned with our culture and values.
Experience – Nice to have
- Experience with AR technology
- Experience with object detection and database creation, as well as object tracking.
- Experience of point cloud manipulation.
- Strong knowledge of machine learning techniques.
- Experience working with version control systems, such as git/mercurial.
What’s on Offer:
- Attractive Basic Salary + Share Options
- Pension Scheme
- 25 days paid holiday plus bank holidays
- Private Healthcare through Vitality
- Playing a valuable part in revolutionising the industry
- Modern friendly environment
- Start-up culture
The role offers flexible working on avg 1-2 days a week at home
My client wants to have offered the role to the successful candidate within weeks so if you are interested, please don’t hesitate to contact me. My client offers a 2-stage process that can be completed within a week subject to your availability.