Senior Systems Engineer – £90k – Oxfordshire
Elite People Partners Ltd
Senior Systems Engineer – £90k – Oxfordshire (UK Government Programmes)
Due to the continued growth, Our Aerospace client is looking for a Senior Systems Engineer to join their Systems Engineering team in Oxfordshire.
This is an exciting and unique opportunity to join their dynamic and rapidly growing company. If you are seeking to make a positive contribution to the growing problem of orbital debris that endangers mankind’s continued use of space as an asset then this role will allow you, the successful candidate to shape solutions for our client’s missions from a Spacecraft Systems perspective.
As a senior member of the Systems Team, your role will be responsible for taking the lead on certain aspects of project work as well as mentoring other members of the team. Therefore you need to be a senior engineer with hands-on experience of working on spacecraft systems and be at a level where you can come in and start contributing to the projects straight away.
Whilst the Senior Systems Engineer will primarily work in the UK at their new state-of-the-art Office, you will also work extensively with a larger team in my client’s Japan Office. You may be required to travel to Tokyo as needed in support of projects and operations or elsewhere in Europe to consult with suppliers and support system testing.
The focus of this role is to support my client’s UK Government Programme.
- Development of spacecraft mission and system design including requirements derivation and CONOPS definition.
- Performing mission analysis and modelling of spacecraft missions.
- Trade-off and control platform systems budgets e.g. mass, power, data, fuel.
- Production of mission-level test and verification plans.
- Production of mission-level FMECA, FTA and FDIR.
- Performing rapid feasibility studies into different scenarios and architectures.
- Assisting with bid work, providing technical solutions and documentation.
- Maintaining configuration control of systems work and documentation
- Working with and guiding a multi-disciplined team in the delivery of projects.
- Right to Work in the UK and Eligible for a Security Clearance application (Mandatory)
- Diploma; bachelor or master’s degree in systems engineering, electrical engineering or another relevant discipline.
- At least 10+ years of commercial experience in a Systems Engineering role for satellite platform architecture.
- Knowledge of the systems and project engineering lifecycle from requirements definition through to verification, including experience of leading or planning for project review gates in satellite engineering e.g. SRR, PDR, CDR, etc.
- Experience in mission and systems architecture definition and CONOPS, especially understanding of both space and ground segment interaction.
- Good knowledge of a range of subsystems & engineering teams including: GNC (AOCS, ADCS), astrodynamics, C&DH / OBDH, EPS, RCS (propulsion), COM (communications), software, ground segment & operations.
- Experience in the development of systems engineering documentation working with a Project Manager as needed: requirements, CONOPS, review gate materials, test and verification plans / procedures, DDVP, ICDs, equipment lists, FMECA & FTAs
- Awareness of the AIT process: manufacture, assembly, functional and environmental testing.
- A basic knowledge in the following areas: debris removal, end-of-life, in-orbit maintenance or servicing.
- Security Cleared (Highly desirable)
- 15+ years of commercial experience in a Systems Engineering role for satellites defining satellite platform architecture.
- An understanding of, or experience in other project matters: project management, procurement, bid support, manufacturing.
- Knowledge of commonly used engineering and modelling packages (e.g. ModelSim, Matlab, STK) and/or coding and scripting languages (e.g. Python) applied to real world engineering applications.
- Knowledge of the area around debris removal including: licensing, export, regulation, space law.
- Knowledge of past missions of relevance: RemoveDebris, CleanSpace / ESA projects e.g. e.DeOrbit, DEOS, ATV, ETS-7
- Whilst the working language across all divisions of the business is English, proficiency in spoken and/or written Japanese would be considered an asset.
- Competitive base salary (£75k-£90k)
- Opportunity to work with a highly talented international team working on cutting-edge technology.
- Flexible working around core hours (10am-4pm)
- Hybrid working available (Dependent on individual role requirements) (2 days on site)
- Optional 9-day fortnight
- 25 days holiday (increasing yearly up to a maximum of 28 days) + 8 days Bank Holiday per year.
- Pension (Royal London) 3% Employee 6% Employer
- Life insurance (Axa) and long-term sick pay
- Private healthcare (Axa) (taxable benefit) (Includes Vision & Dental)
- Relocation allowance
- New state-of-the-art office and cleanroom facility (opening summer 2022)
- Regular social events.
- Enhanced Mat/Pat/Family Leave
- Bonus for Security Clearance (SC/DV) Clearance
My client can offer a 3-stage process consisting of a 1st stage Video Call and a 2nd Stage Technical interview and the 3rd stage a meet and greet with the founder of the business. This process can be completed within 2 weeks (based on availability)