Senior Software Engineer – (Embedded, C/C++, 62304) – £80k – South Wales (Hybrid Working)
elitepeoplepartners Elite People Partners Ltd
A Service Beyond the Ordinary
Senior Software Engineer – (Embedded, C/C++, 62304) – £80k+ – South Wales (Hybrid Working)
My Medical Device Client are looking for a Senior Software Engineer with experience developing embedded software for new product introduction of software for medical devices. This role is based in our Head Office in Chepstow (hybrid working 2 days a week on site 3 from home). They are looking for an ambitious and motivated individual with a degree in software engineering or related discipline with a strong interest and experience in medical device development to support:
- Research and implementation of software into our range of single use endoscopic equipment
- Our design and development procedure, producing design control, risk management and technical reports according to international standards and our internal procedures
- Generating full design packages, design history and risk management files to facilitate transfer to production and preparing for submission to regulatory processes
Your key responsibilities of the Senior Software Engineer – (Embedded, C/C++, 62304)
- Ideate, develop, and test new software. Be a key influencer in the direction of our R&D and NPI strategy.
- Design software operated medical devices within the framework of IEC 62304.
- Support verification and validation activities by planning, performing and documenting tests as appropriate.
- Overcome challenges and solve problems to enable fast paced progress.
- Co-ordination with internal/external stakeholders, including clinicians, contract designers and contract manufacturers.
- Communicate clearly and professionally to facilitate project management tasks.
- Adherence to a quality management system
Your skills and experience of the Senior Software Engineer – (Embedded, C/C++, 62304):
- Knowledge of FDA software documentation and test requirements, Familiarity with IEC 62304, and good software practice (design, version control, debug, risk reviews, peer review, software testing, traceability).
- Experience with programming languages such as C, C++
- Able to read electronic schematics
- Capable of developing multi-threaded software on real-time embedded devices
- Experience developing applications on Windows and Linux development environment.
- Experience using unit test frameworks such as CPP Test, Google Test, or similar frameworks
- Familiarity with usability concepts required to design graphical user interfaces for medical environments
- Experience with software lifecycle tools such as Git, Perforce etc.
Desired Skills of the Senior Software Engineer – (Embedded, C/C++, 62304):
- Experience programming microcontrollers
- Specific experience in digital image processing
- Experience with communication protocols such as UART, SPI, I2C, USB, HDMI, MIPI
- Knowledge of security concepts for connected products
- A strong interest and be able to understand the medical device field, or other highly regulated environment
- Competent in core design methodologies and tools, previous experience collaborating with electronics and mechanical design team integrating systems with software would be an advantage.
- Good technical oversight and a range of technical skills to overcome varied challenges.
- Accountable for your own workload, while being happy to build positive collaborations with colleagues, suppliers and customers.
- Able to travel to supplier/ customer sites.
- Well organised, able to manage their own time effectively and track multiple tasks at various level of completion.
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment, willing to pick up new skills and make informed decisions based on available evidence and expertise.
What’s on offer:
My client is committed to giving you opportunities to be your best. They believe in embracing the passion and potential of their people, and to achieve this they offer:
- £55,000 – £80,000+ (depending on experience)
- Hybrid Working (2 days on site)
- 25 days’ holiday plus bank holidays
- Life Assurance
- Private Healthcare
- Additional Flexible Benefits.
- Career Progression
My client wants to have offered the role to the successful candidate within weeks so if you are interested, please don’t hesitate to contact me. My client offers a 3-stage process that can be completed within 2 weeks subject to your availability.
If you are interested in this role, please apply to this role with your CV attached.