Robotics / Mechatronics / Mechanical Engineer- £55k – Somerset
eliteppartners Elite People Partners Ltd
A service beyond the ordinary
Senior Robotics / Mechatronics / Mechanical Engineer- £55k – Somerset
My client who develops Robots for the Life Sciences sector are looking for a Senior Robotics / Mechatronics / Mechanical Engineer to join their exciting Team who are working on cutting edge technology to help develop these robots and contribute to cures for cancer and renewable energies.
Due to the success of the company, they are looking to expand the team considerably in 2021/22 and this Senior Robotics / Mechatronics / Mechanical Engineer will have an incredibly varied, project-based engineering role, improving our existing products and leading the new product introduction process. You will work with cross-functional teams to ensure your solutions maximise value to our customers and don’t affect functionality.
The main skills the Senior Robotics / Mechatronics / Mechanical Engineer will needed:
- A mechanical engineering design background
- Experience in driving new products to the production teams
- Lean Manufacturing process design and kaizen deployment
- Experience with component/assembly testing, test fixture creation, and reliability testing
- Excellent people and project management skills
- Expert use of Solidworks or similar CAD systems
- Producing 2D drawings with accurate GD&Ts
- Excellent RCA and problem-solving skills
- An understanding of design for manufacture and production methodologies
- Strong interest in technology, innovation, and robotics
- Willing to take on training and improve skillset
- A 2:1 degree in Mechatronic Design or similar discipline
- Manufacturing knowledge – CNC [Lathe, Mills, 5-Axis], Laser Cutting, 3D Printing
- Embedded programming / Firmware writing
- Strong electronics design skills [PCBs, Communication Protocols, Motors and Drivers]
- A firm grasp of financials and ROI calculations
- “House of Lean” expertise
- In-depth knowledge of Engineering Maths, allowing the manufacture of right-first-time designs
- Experience with fast-cycle product development feedback loops
- High level of understanding of ergonomics and product usability
- A passion for disruptive technologies
What’s on offer:
- Salary £45,000 – £55,000 p.a.
- 5 per week
- Profit Share
- Healthcare scheme
- Flexible working options
- 30 days holiday including Bank Holidays (Increasing 1 day per year to a max of 37 days + Bank)
- Holiday bonus on length of service
- Visa Sponsorship for the successful candidate if required
My client wants to have offered the role to the successful candidate within weeks so if you are interested, please don’t hesitate to contact me. My client offers a 3-stage process that can be completed within 2 weeks subject to your availability.
If you are interested in this role, please apply to this role with your CV attached.