Embedded Software Engineer (Embedded C, ARM) – £55k – Bristol
eliteppartners Elite People Partners Ltd
A Service Beyond the Ordinary
Senior Embedded Software Engineer (Embedded C, ARM) – £55k – Bristol.
My client is looking for an Senior Embedded Engineer (Embedded C, ARM) to join their high performing team who are working on cutting edge projects. Due to the success of the company, they have been expanding their team, throughout 2021 and will continue to do so throughout 2022.
If you are looking for a role which is highly interesting and has excellent career progression and satisfaction, please read on the whole advert, and apply with your CV.
The main skills needed for the Senior Embedded Software Engineer (Embedded C, ARM) role are:
- C and assembler
- Embedded Systems Design
- Experience of software development with a controlled development environment.
- ARM Architecture
Highly desirable additional skills and experience are:
- Experience of using Real Time Operating Systems, ideally FreeRTOS or SAFERTOS
- Low level embedded engineering experience – i.e. working at processor level – Cortex M3, M4, A7
- Safety Software Development to standards: IEC 61508, DO178B/C, ISO26262, IEC 61508, IEC 62304
- Networking – TCP, UDP
- Embedded software security
- Multicore devices
- MIPS and Power Architectures
Salary and Benefits:
- Salary £50,000 – £55,000 (depending on Candidate Experience)
- Annual salary review.
- Annual bonus of up to 5% of salary, dependent on Company and individual performance.
- Employer pension contribution of 8% basic salary. This covers the total % required under auto enrolment and means that the employee does not have to make a pension contribution if they do not wish to.
- 3 weeks sickness absence at full pay in the first year rising to 26 weeks after 4 years’ service.
- Income Protection Insurance of 75% of salary covering long term sickness, eligible after 12 months’ service.
- Death in Service insurance (life assurance) currently lump sum of 7 times salary, enrolled after 3 months’ service.
- 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays rising to 26 days after 2 years, 27 days after 5 years and 28 days after 8 years.
- 38-hour week with flexible start and finish times around core hours of Monday to Thursday 10:00 to 16:00, Friday 10:00 to 13:00.
- Free on-site parking.
- Modern offices & equipment – sit / stand electric height adjustable desks, dual monitors etc
Excellent Career Progression available within this role, every engineer is exposed to state-of-the-art technologies, working across a wide range of processors, compilers, and safety standards, they can gain invaluable experience and expertise.
My client has a broad customer base, including some of the largest players in the engineering industry. My client is a successful SME and are going through a period of growth, as there engineering team expands, the expectation is that our engineers will have the chance to move to more senior roles. There are opportunities for international travel, both to visit customers and to attend industry trade shows. – in addition to all this Training is built around you, your needs and your required time scales.
Working from home arrangements:
- My client’s office has been set up to offer a COVID Secure working environment.
- We are encouraging staff to return to work in the office for at least part of each week. And he has a plan around Hybrid working arrangements for the long term
- New starters are required to work in the office minimum 3 days a week during their probationary period. Having some face-to-face time with colleagues is essential to the learning process.
My client wants to have offered the role to the successful candidate within weeks so if you are interested, please don’t hesitate to contact me. My client offers a 3-stage process that can be completed within 2 weeks subject to your availability.