Embedded Linux Engineer (GPU, Yocto, Linux) -Bristol/Cheltenham
eliteppartners Elite People Partners Ltd
A Service Beyond The Ordinary
Senior Embedded Linux Software Engineer (Driver, GPU, NPU, Yocto, Linux) – £65k + Options – Bristol/ Cheltenham
My client are looking for an Senior Embedded Linux Software Engineer (Driver, GPU, NPU, Yocto, Linux) – to join their exciting team who are global experts in all things AI and AR/VR, including deep learning, 3D imaging, computer vision and IoT.
Due to the success of the company, they are looking to expand the team considerably in 2021/22 and this Senior Embedded Linux Software Engineer (Driver, GPU, NPU, Yocto, Linux) be an integral part of the Software Development team, and heavily involved in leading projects, code reviews etc. This Senior Embedded Linux Software Engineer (Driver, GPU, NPU, Yocto, Linux) be able to work independently on own projects and on Team Projects
As a senior member of the team, you will be working directly with customers to understand requirements, manage projects and handle releases, working with the HW team to define requirements, assist with new HW bring-up and solve complex system problems and mentor junior members of the team.
My client is looking for a Senior Embedded Linux Software Engineer (Driver, GPU, NPU, Yocto, Linux) who is confident and can take full ownership of projects.
The main skills needed for the Senior Embedded Linux Software Engineer (Driver, GPU, NPU, Linux) are:
- At least 5-10 years of embedded experience working on low-level driver development and embedded applications.
- Developing or modifying Linux drivers for the NXP IMX platform.
- Developing Linux video applications, utilizing the GPU with openCL/openCV on IMX platforms.
- Developing Linux machine-learning applications, utilizing the NPU on IMX platforms.
- Porting Linux and U-Boot to new platforms.
- Creating and customising Yocto distributions.
Nice to Have:
- Experience with GPU and openCL/openCV or machine learning application development.
- Proven ability to move projects forward whilst overcoming obstacles.
- Proven ability to learn and work effectively in unfamiliar areas.
- Proven ability to work under pressure and meet project timescales.
- Willingness to work on several projects simultaneously.
What’s on offer:
- Salary £40,000 – £65,000 (Depending on Experience)
- New offices in Bristol or Cheltenham
- Hybrid Working
- Flexible working
- Performance Based Salary Increases
- Bonus (Based on individual performance)
- Equity / Stock Options
- 25 Days holidays + 8 Bank Holiday
- Start-Up Environment
- Pension up to 8% Matched
My client ideally wishes to have this person based in a commutable distance to either Bristol or Cheltenham (close to one of their offices) but are also open to remote candidates as well.
My client can offer a 2-stage process consisting of a 1st stage Video Call and a 2nd Stage Technical/Architecture based interview this process can be complete within 1 week (based on availability)