Principal/Senior Software Engineer (5G) – £80k + Bens – Cambridge
eliteppartners Elite People Partners Ltd
A Service Beyond The Ordinary
Principal/Senior Software Engineer (5G Protocols) – £80k + Bens – Cambridge
My client is a growing company based on the outskirts of Cambridge, serving customers worldwide. They specialise in developing and manufacturing innovative solutions for cellular and bespoke communication markets.
There products include 5G NR, LTE, UMTS and GSM base stations using there own hardware platforms and physical layers. They also undertake contract design and development projects based on there extensive cellular protocol knowledge and IP.
They have a flexible culture with strong engineering focus and a proven track record. The team has a wide range of experiences and skills and work closely together and with our customers.
My client is looking for a Principal/Senior Software Engineer with 3GPP Spec Reading Experience, C/C++ with Embedded Systems and 5G Experience (working at Layer 1 level).
- At least five years’ work experience as a 3GPP protocol stack software development engineer,
- Proficiency in C/C++ coding for embedded systems,
- In-depth knowledge of either 5G NR or LTE 3GPP standards is essential, UMTS/WCDMA or GSM would be advantageous; this should include development experience working in protocol layers between the Physical Layer and Layer-3 (RRC), i.e. L1 Scheduler, MAC/RLC and RRM.
- A proven track record in the product development cycle, from requirements capture, through design, implementation, test and support,
- Familiarity with wireless communications protocol testers e.g. TEMS,
- Willingness to work with an existing code base – i.e. not only on clean-sheet new designs, but including the maintenance and on-going development of mature software,
- Be a self-starter, with the ability to work under your own initiative
- Comfortable communicating and collaborating within a small team,
- Have a desire for self-improvement and personal development, and
- Time-management skills needed to successfully complete projects.
- Experience mentoring and supporting other, more junior, staff,
- Able to create high-quality technical documentation, such as API documents, user guides etc.
Additionally, knowledge of some of the following areas would be beneficial:
- Systems engineering,
- Project leadership, including estimating resource requirements and project planning,
- Experience supporting customers,
- Knowledge of digital communication systems, ideally including some exposure to signal processing,
- Continuous integration test systems such as TeamCity, Jenkins etc, including the creation of test cases.
What’s on offer:
- Salary £60,000 – £80,000 (Depending on Experience)
- 10% Bonus
- 25 days paid holidays plus bank holidays,
- Flexible around home working
- Company matched pension
- 4x Death in service
- Private Healthcare,
- Flexible working hours,
- Easily accessible location,
- Casual dress code,
- Modern friendly environment,
My client wants to have offered the role to the successful candidate within weeks so if you are interested, please don’t hesitate to contact me. My client offers a 3-stage process that can be completed within 1-2 week. (Subject to availability).
Please note that you need to be entitled to work in the UK. If you are not sure about your eligibility, please find out more information about working in the UK from GOV.UK.