Hardware Engineer (High Speed) – £100k+ Options – London
ElitePPartners Elite People Partners Ltd
A service beyond the ordinary
Lead Hardware Engineer (High Speed) – £100k+ Options – London
My client are looking for an Lead Hardware Engineer (High Speed) to join their exciting start-up who are working on cutting edge projects in Augmented Reality.
Due to the success of the company, they are looking to expand the team considerably in 2021 and this Lead Hardware Engineer (High Speed) will be the person that they have planned to be the Head of Hardware within there 2 year career road map. so if you are a High Speed Electronics Engineer looking for a lead role and to take a step in to management within the next 2 years please Or you are already at management level but are willing to invest in the next rocket ship start-up please keep reading.
The main skills needed for this role are:
- 3 years minimum with Altium layout
- Previous experience with WiFi and Bluetooth designs
- Experience with RED Directive, Safety, and FCC for compliance
- Experience managing small teams for hardware deliverables.
- Ability to work within the Hardware Team to develop complex schematics, and 6+layer PCBs.
- Experience working with high-speed PCI-e, USB C, DP.
- Able to design digital microcontroller-based systems, as well as work with wireless technologies.
- Knowledge of common communication protocols such as I2C and SPI.
- Ability to plan project timelines.
- Adept at fault-finding, with hands-on experience in soldering down to 0402 or 0201.
- Comfortable with cross-team collaboration, specifically with Design and R&D Teams.
- Is well organised, has an eye for detail, and have excellent communication skills.
- Be able to work individually or as part of a team to meet deadlines.
- Embedded programming experience with STM32 or nRF is a plus.
- Advanced Altium experience (Cadence or Mentor Graphics is also considered)
The role offers flexible working on avg 1-2 days a week at home – when creating your design you are able to do this from home but when you need to be working on the product/hardware itself this work will naturally need to be in the office.
My client want to have offered the role to the successful candidate within weeks so if you are interested please don’t hesitate to contact me. My client offer a 2 stage process that can be completed within a week subject to your availability.