Computer Vision Scientist (SLAM) – £130k+ Options – London
eliteppartners Elite People Partners Ltd
A Service Beyond the Ordinary
Lead Computer Vision Scientist (SLAM) – £130k+ Options – London
My client is looking for a Lead Computer Vision Scientist (SLAM) to join their exciting start-up who are working on cutting edge projects in Augmented Reality.
Due to the success of the company, they expand the team considerably in 2021 and will continue to grow in 2022 and this Lead Computer Vision Scientist (SLAM) will oversee all SLAM experts in within the business reporting directly to the VP of Technology. so, if you are a Computer Vision Scientist (with SLAM experience) looking for your next step or an experienced Lead Computer Vision Scientist (SLAM – Tracking is essential) looking for one of London’s most exciting start-ups to join then this role is for you!
- Reporting to the VP of Technology, based in our head office in London.
- As the Computer Vision R&D leader you will be leading a dynamic team who are designing and developing cutting-edge computer vision and machine learning algorithms.
- Research & keep up to date with developments, bringing out of the box ideas enabling us to continue to deliver innovative solutions on time and to specification.
- Build, lead and develop the team to encourage new ideas with a strong focus on research, while aligning with the technology roadmap.
- Feedback the high-level overview of performance, considering any risks or trade-offs.
- Quantitatively assess and report on internal and external technologies.
- Contribute to developing new IP.
Experience – Must have (in order)
- We are looking for a motivating but hands on leader who is has deep understanding of computer vision technologies.
- Experience with Tracking – SLAM – Real time tracking
- Experience with Tracking – SLAM – Real time mapping of environment
- Understanding of mathematical algorithms and 3d coordinate spaces.
- Experience leading and developing a product-centric R&D team. You will be organised and demonstrate strong project management and planning experience, enabling you to work to short time deliverables.
- Experience in C++ and/or Python, as well as version control systems
- Ability to adapt to a fast moving start up and aligned with our culture and values.
Experience – Nice to have (in order)
- Strong knowledge of machine learning.
- Object detection and database creation & object tracking.
- Experience with 3D geometry, point clouds
- Experience in C++/CUDA and parallel programming, as well as Python.
- You will demonstrate a strong research background and be able to develop new IP.
- Experience with AR technology would be an advantage
The role offers flexible working on avg 1-2 days a week at home
My client wants to have offered the role to the successful candidate within weeks so if you are interested, please don’t hesitate to contact me. My client offers a 2-stage process that can be completed within a week subject to your availability.