Head of Product Development – £110k+Equity – London
Elite People Partners Ltd
Head of Product Development – £110k – London
My agricultural client is looking for a Head of Product Development to join their exciting start-up who are working on innovative technology which tackles greenhouse gas emissions. Due to the success of the company, they are looking to expand the team.
The Head of Product Development will be the person responsible for:
- Lead the technical development of my client’s livestock monitoring collar, ensuring it meets all product requirements and specifications.
- Manage a small team of engineers working across mechanics, hardware, and firmware, and collaborate closely with software engineers to ensure the product meets all technical requirements.
- Ensure the final product meets all product safety, radio, and battery certification requirements before making it available to the public.
- Oversee the product optimisation cycle, continuing our development and economizing for production purposes.
- Work with the executive team to develop and manage the product development budget and schedule.
- Develop and maintain relationships with suppliers, manufacturers, and other key stakeholders.
- Stay up to date with industry trends and best practices in hardware development and ensure my client are using the latest technologies and tools to build the best product possible.
The main skills the Head of Product Development will need:
- Experience designing parts in CAD – Solidworks or Onshape preferred.
- Experience with manufacturing methods such as injection moulding.
- Proven experience in leading hardware development, preferably in the agriculture industry.
- Strong project management skills, with experience leading teams and managing budgets and schedules.
- Deep understanding of product certification requirements.
- Excellent communication skills, with the ability to work collaboratively with cross-functional teams.
- Passion for technology and innovation, and a willingness to stay up to date with the latest trends and best practices.
- Demonstrated experience in working on product development projects through to launch.
- Experience in working in a start-up or fast-paced environment is highly desirable.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
Additional nice to have experience:
- Oxidation experience
- Medical device experience
- Farm / Agriculture experience
What’s on Offer:
- Salary of £110,000
- 1-2 Days per week (on Avg) working from home (depending on experience)
- Flexible hours
- Pension scheme
- Free coffee fruit, breakfast, and snacks
- Contemporary office
The role offers flexible working on avg 1-2 days a week at home – when creating your designs, you can do this from home but when you need to be working on the product/hardware itself this work will naturally need to be in the office.
My client wants to have offered the role to the successful candidate within weeks so if you are interested, please don’t hesitate to contact me. My client offers a 3-stage process that can be completed within 2 weeks subject to your availability and is all done by google hangout (no need to enter the office during the interview process).