Firmware/ Embedded Software Engineer – £70k – Oxford
Elite People Partners Ltd
Firmware/ Embedded Software Engineer – £55k – £70k – Oxford
My client is looking for a Firmware/Embedded Software Engineer to join their exciting team, in this role you will be focusing on developing my clients next generation of aerospace Lighting systems.
The Firmware/Embedded Software Engineer will join my clients UK team. The role is based in Oxford in the UK.
My client design, engineer, and manufacture lights for Aerospace, Maritime and the contract market. They have in-house, design team, engineering, and manufacturing teams, so this is a fantastic opportunity to have real influence on a complete product development lifecycle.
As an Firmware/ Embedded Software Engineer, your main activities will include:
- Designing and customising new and existing firmware
- Firmware Design for Datalogging and measurement control
- CANBus (CAN/CANFD) / PWM control design for Aerospace Lights and Touchscreens
- Ensuring the successful integration of firmware design element with the product as a whole
- Producing and checking product documentation
- Following and contributing to the development of the best practice guidelines and AS9100
- Working collaboratively with the design team as a whole guiding, mentoring, and advising others when required
Essential Skills needed for this role:
- Ability to manage your own workload and work to deadlines.
- Excellent attention to detail
- Report collating and writing.
- Experience of working within a manufacturing company.
The following skills and experience are highly desirable:
- Firmware for Functional safety related/SIL level systems.
- Using either STM32 or Microchip Microcontrollers.
- Developing embedded GUI applications.
- CANBus Protocol
- Experience with communications interfaces and timing
What’s on offer:
- Salary £50,000 – £70,000 (Depending on Experience)
- Offices based in Oxford
- Hybrid Working – (subject to role/responsibility and project)
- Flexible working
- 25 Days holidays + 8 Bank Holiday
- Start-Up Environment
- Free onsite Parking
- Candidate Sponsorship available if necessary
My client can offer a 3-stage process consisting of a 1st stage Video Call and a 2nd Stage Technical/Architecture based interview and the 3rd stage a meet and greet with the founder of the business. This process can be complete within 2 weeks (based on availability)