Field Application Engineer (C++) – £55k – Hybrid
ElitePPartners Elite People Partners Ltd
As Service Beyond The Ordinary
Field Application Engineer (C++) – £55k+ Bens – Hybrid Working (Bristol or Cheltenham)
My client is looking for an Field Application Engineer (FAE) to join their exciting team who are global experts in all things AI and AR/VR, including deep learning, 3D imaging, computer vision and IoT.
Due to the success of the company, they are looking to expand the team considerably in 2021/22 and this Field Application Engineer (C++) will be an integral part of the Field Software team, and heavily involved in working and supporting other engineers solve software and hardware related issues. etc. The successful Field Application Engineer (C++) will be able to work independently on own projects and on Team Projects
We are looking for a Field Application Engineer (FAE) to join our UK team. The role is based in Cheltenham in the UK, but as an FAE you’ll be working closely with customers from around the world. This is a hybrid role, and will require you to be on site for 3 or 4 days a week.
My client is looking for a Field Application Engineer (C++) who is confident and able to communicate to various types of customers.
As an FAE, your main activities will include:
- Working with colleagues and customers to solve software and hardware problems.
- Traveling to customer sites to participate in hands-on troubleshooting when problems can’t be resolved remotely
- Providing feedback to other engineers and management regarding technical problems and potential solutions.
- Developing applications and demos for customers, and assisting with the management of software releases for various hardware platforms.
- Representing my client at tradeshows, and assisting with the preparation for new shows and events.
- Providing technical training to customers in the use of my clients software and hardware products.
The following skills and experience are essential for this role:
- Degree in Computer Science or Electrical Engineering (or equivalent technical knowledge and experience).
- 3 to 5 years of relevant experience, especially in customer-facing roles.
- An excellent command of written and spoken English.
- Superior communication, interpersonal and problem-solving skills.
- A good understanding of embedded software development, and practical experience with developing software in C and C++.
The following are highly desirable:
- Knowledge of embedded Linux, Yocto and Git
- Knowledge of i.MX8 application processors
What’s on offer:
- Salary £45,000 – £55,000
- Hybrid Working
- Flexible working hours
- Performance Based Salary Increases
- Bonus (Based on individual performance)
- Equity / Stock Options
- 25 Days holidays + 8 Bank Holiday
- Start-Up Environment
- Pension up to 8% Matched
- We work in a friendly and relaxed atmosphere and enjoy solving complex challenges.
My client ideally wishes to have this person based in Cheltenham (close to their office) but are also open to remote candidates as well.
My client can offer a 2-stage process consisting of a 1st stage Video Call and a 2nd Stage Technical/Architecture based interview this process can be complete within 1 week (based on availability)
If your are interested in this role please apply now as it is an urgent requirement.