Embedded Linux Software Engineer – £70k – Bristol or Cheltenham
Elite People Partners Ltd
Senior Embedded Linux Software Engineer – £70k– Bristol or Cheltenham
My client is looking for a Senior Embedded Linux Software Engineer to join their exciting team, in this role you will be focusing on developing my clients next generation Virtual Reality system.
The Senior Embedded Linux Software Engineer will join my clients UK team. The role is based in Cheltenham or Bristol in the UK. This is a hybrid role and will require you to be on site for 3 or 4 days a week. (Can be less based on your role, responsibility level and ability)
Our client are global experts in all things AI and AR/VR, including deep learning, 3D imaging, computer vision and IoT.
Due to the success of the company, they are looking to expand the team and this Senior Embedded Linux Software Engineer be an integral part of the Software Development team, and heavily involved in leading projects, code reviews etc. This Senior Embedded Linux Software Engineer be able to work independently on own projects and on Team Projects
As a Senior Embedded Linux Software Engineer, your main activities will include:
- Developing or modifying Linux drivers for NXP i.MX application processors
- Porting Linux and U-Boot to new hardware platforms and creating and customising Yocto distributions.
- Working directly with customers to capture and document requirements and handle releases.
- Work with the hardware team to define requirements, assist with the bring-up of new hardware platforms and solve complex system problems.
- Developing video streaming applications for embedded Linux running on i.MX application processors, utilising the video hardware (GPU, ISP, etc.) and third-party libraries and frameworks (GStreamer, OpenCV, OpenCL, etc).
- Developing machine-learning applications for the Neural Processing Unit (NPU) on the i.MX 8M Plus, using frameworks and libraries like TensorFlow Lite.
Essential Skills needed for this role:
- At least 3 years of embedded Linux experience, working on low-level driver development through to user-space applications.
- Proven ability to move projects forward whilst overcoming obstacles.
- Proven ability to learn and work effectively in unfamiliar areas.
- Proven ability to work under pressure and meet project timescales.
- Willingness to work on several projects simultaneously.
The following skills and experience are highly desirable:
- Video Related Applications, Devices or Drivers (Video for Linux Framework)
- Machine Learning Experience
- Experience with camera sensor driver development.
- Experience with developing GStreamer, OpenCV and OpenCL applications for embedded GPUs.
- Experience with TensorFlow Lite and machine learning applications on edge devices
What’s on offer:
- Salary £50,000 – £70,000 (Depending on Experience)
- New offices in Bristol or Cheltenham
- Hybrid Working
- Flexible working
- Performance Based Salary Increases
- Bonus (Based on individual performance)
- Equity / Stock Options
- 25 Days holidays + 8 Bank Holiday
- Start-Up Environment
- Pension up to 8% Matched.
My client operates a Hybrid working environment offering 1-2 days a week working from home (hybrid but 100% at home if remote) on average, however when the need arises you will be required to attend the Bristol or Cheltenham office.
My client can offer a 3-stage process consisting of a 1st stage Video Call and a 2nd Stage Technical/Architecture based interview and the 3rd stage a meet and greet with the founder of the business. This process can be complete within 2 weeks (based on availability)