Embedded Engineer – £65k – Bristol
Eliteppartners Elite People Partners Ltd
A Service Beyond the Ordinary
Embedded Engineer – £65k – Bristol
My client is looking for an Embedded Engineer to join their high performing team who are working on innovative projects. Due to the success of the company, they have been expanding their team, throughout 2022 and will continue to do so throughout 2023.
Role and Responsibility:
In this role the successful candidates focus is to participate in product development, including, porting to different processor architectures, testing to recognised safety standards, production of design and test documentation.
The main skills needed for the Embedded Engineer role are:
- Low Level Programming in Embedded C
- Embedded Systems Design
- Experience of software development within a controlled development environment.
- Aerospace/Medical/Automotive Industry/Sector experience
Highly desirable additional skills and experience are:
- Experience of using Real Time Operating Systems, ideally FreeRTOS or SAFERTOS
- Low level embedded engineering experience – i.e., working at processor level – Cortex M3, M4, A7
- Safety Software Development to standards: IEC 61508, DO 178B/C, ISO26262, IEC 61508, IEC 62304
- Networking – TCP, UDP
- Embedded software security
- Multicore devices
- MIPS and Power Architectures
- ARM Architectures
Salary and Benefits:
- Salary £45,000 – £65,000 per annum
- Hybrid Working 1 Day a week on-site (Flexible Start and Finish Times)
- Annual salary review.
- Annual bonus of up to 5% of salary, dependent on Company and individual performance.
- Employer pension contribution of 8% basic salary. This covers the total % required under auto enrolment and means that the employee does not have to make a pension contribution if they do not wish to.
- 3 weeks sickness absence at full pay in the first year rising to 26 weeks after 4 years’ service.
- Income Protection Insurance of 75% of salary covering long term sickness, eligible after 12 months’ service.
- Death in Service insurance (life assurance) providing a lump sum of 7 times salary, enrolled after 3 months’ service.
- 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays rising to 26 days after 2 years, 27 days after 5 years and 28 days after 8 years.
- Free access to professional development delivered through our Enterprise Partnership with the IET
- Free on-site parking.
- Modern offices & equipment – sit / stand electric height adjustable desks, dual monitors etc.
Working from home arrangements:
- All employees are expected to work in the office for at least one day each week. We plan to formalise a hybrid working arrangement in the longer term.
- All employees need to be available to attend the office at short notice if required.
- New starters are required to work in the office for a minimum of 3 days a week during their probationary period. Having some face-to-face time with colleagues is essential to the learning process.
- Our engineers are exposed to state-of-the-art technologies.
- Working across a wide range of processors, compilers and safety standards, they have the opportunity to gain invaluable experience and expertise.
- We have a broad customer base, including some of the largest players in the industry.
- We are a successful SME and are going through a period of growth.
My client wants to have offered the role to the successful candidate within weeks so if you are interested, please don’t hesitate to contact me. My client offers a 3-stage process that can be completed within 2 weeks subject to your availability.