Electronics Engineer (Schematic, Design) – £60k – Hybrid Working
eliteppartners Elite People Partners Ltd
A Service Beyond the Ordinary
Electronics Engineer – (Design, Schematic Capture, EMC) – £45k-£60k – Reading (Hybrid Working)
Are you looking to build on your skills and expertise on a portfolio of technically complex products? Would you like an opportunity to develop your electronics skills in a close-knit, dynamic team environment?
My client designs a range of state-of-the-art solutions for some of the most technically advanced defence and security platforms in the world, and we’re seeking talented engineers who can apply their knowledge and skills in an electronics role.
The role of the Electronics Engineer – (Design, Schematic Capture, EMC) covers all aspects of the product lifecycle, from requirements through specification, concept studies, design and development, integration, validation, and qualification. This is a great opportunity for experienced electronics engineer to build technical skills, widen their systems understanding and develop their career.
The position will be based in my clients Research and Technology and a centre of technical excellence in Reading. While a significant proportion of the role may be carried out from home, attendance on site will be necessary for lab work, such as circuit, assembly, or system testing.
Your key responsibilities of the Electronics Engineer – (Design, Schematic Capture, EMC):
- Design of electronic circuit assemblies, from concept through to system integration & qualification
- Engage with a multi-disciplinary team across the project (systems, mechanical, software, safety, etc) to develop an optimum solution
- Work collaboratively with the team to ensure products comply with regulatory safety and environmental standards
- Contribute to the development of the wider electronics team, including mentoring junior members of staff, proposing, and implementing improvements and reviewing the work of peers
- Generate electronics specifications, architectures, and development or verification plans
- Support the bid process through generation of estimates and consultancy on electronic solutions
- Prepare for and participate in project design reviews
- Monitor progress of work against cost, schedule, and performance
The skills and experience of the Electronics Engineer – (Design, Schematic Capture, EMC):
- Strong demonstrated experience of electronic design
- Previous use of schematic capture packages (Cadence, Mentor Graphics or similar)
- Development of electronic products in a formal environment
- Experience testing at circuit board and system level (e.g., Board bring-up and debug, EMC testing)
- Preparation of sub-system requirements/procurement specs
- General understanding of engineering process and design lifecycles
You must hold or be eligible for SC Clearance – please refer to the UKSV website for more information
What’s on offer:
My client is committed to giving you opportunities to be your best. They believe in embracing the passion and potential of their people, and to achieve this they offer:
- Salary £45,000 – £60,000 (depending on experience)
- Hybrid Working
- Matched Pension
- 25 days’ holiday plus bank holidays
- Life Assurance
- Private Healthcare
- Additional Flexible Benefits.
- Career Progression
- Training and Development programmes
- Mentor and Coaching
Your health and well-being matters, and that’s why my client offers you the flexibility to do what’s important to you, whether that’s part time hours, job sharing, home working, or the ability to flex your start and finish times. Where possible, my client will support a working pattern that suits your lifestyle and helps you reach your ambitions.
My client wants to have offered the role to the successful candidate within weeks so if you are interested, please don’t hesitate to contact me. My client offers a 2-stage process that can be completed within 2 weeks subject to your availability.
If you are interested in this role, please apply to this role with your CV attached.