Electronics Engineer (High Speed) – up to £70k+ Options – London
2 x Electronics Hardware Engineer (High Speed) – £40k – £70k+ Options – London
My client are looking for an 2 x Electronics Hardware Engineers (High Speed) to join their exciting start-up who are working on cutting edge projects in Augmented Reality.
Due to the success of the company, they are looking to expand the team considerably in 2022 and these Electronics Hardware Engineers (High Speed) will be the first new hires in this team this year, with significant funding achieved last year and further funding planned for this year my client are heavily investing in the growth of the company and the technology advancement of there product itself.
If you are a High Speed Electronics Engineer looking for a new role and wan the opportunity to work in the AR/VR world then this role is for you.
The main skills needed for this role are:
- 3 years minimum with Altium layout
- Experience with WiFi and Bluetooth designs
- Ability to work within the Hardware Team to develop complex schematics, and 6+layer PCBs.
- Experience working with high-speed PCI-e, USB C, DP.
- Able to design digital microcontroller-based systems, as well as work with wireless technologies.
- Knowledge of common communication protocols such as I2C and SPI.
- Comfortable with cross-team collaboration, specifically with Design and R&D Teams.
- Is well organised, has an eye for detail, and have excellent communication skills.
- Be able to work individually or as part of a team to meet deadlines.
Nice to Have:
- Experience with RED Directive, Safety, and FCC for compliance
- Embedded programming experience with STM32 or nRF is a plus.
- Adept at fault-finding, with hands-on experience in soldering down to 0402 or 0201.
- Ability to plan project timelines.
- Advanced Altium experience (Cadence or Mentor Graphics is also considered)
The role offers flexible working on avg 1-2 days a week at home – when creating your design you are able to do this from home but when you need to be working on the product/hardware itself this work will naturally need to be in the office.
My client want to have offered the role to the successful candidate within weeks so if you are interested please don’t hesitate to contact me. My client offer a 2 stage process that can be completed within a week subject to your availability.