Embedded Linux Software Engineer – £80k– Bristol/Cheltenham
ElitePPartners Elite People Partners Ltd
A Service Beyond The Ordinary
Senior Embedded Linux Software Engineer – £80k– Bristol/Cheltenham or Remote
My client are looking for an Senior Embedded Linux Software Engineer to join their exciting team in this role you will be focusing on developing my clients next generation Virtual Reality system.
Our client are global experts in all things AI and AR/VR, including deep learning, 3D imaging, computer vision and IoT.
Due to the success of the company, they are looking to expand the team considerably in 2021/22 and this Senior Embedded Linux Software Engineer be an integral part of the Software Development team, and heavily involved in leading projects, code reviews etc. This Senior Embedded Linux Software Engineer be able to work independently on own projects and on Team Projects
My client is looking for a Senior Embedded Linux Software Engineer who is confident and can take full ownership of projects.
As an Senior Embedded Linux Software Engineer, your main activities will include:
- Developing or modifying Linux drivers for the NXP IMX platform.
- Developing Linux video applications, utilising the GPU with openCL/openCV on IMX platforms.
- Developing Linux machine-learning applications, utilising the NPU on IMX platforms.
- Porting Linux and U-Boot to new platforms.
- Creating and customising Yocto distributions
As a senior member of the team you will also:
- Work directly with customers to understand requirements, manage projects and handle releases.
- Work with the HW team to define requirements, assist with new HW bring-up and solve complex system problems.
- Mentor junior members of the team.
The following skills and experience are highly desirable:
- At least 5-10 years of embedded Linux experience working on low-level driver development right through to user-space applications.
- Experience with GPU and openCL/openCV or machine learning application development.
- Proven ability to move projects forward whilst overcoming obstacles.
- Proven ability to learn and work effectively in unfamiliar areas.
- Proven ability to work under pressure and meet project timescales.
- Willingness to work on several projects simultaneously
What’s on offer:
- Salary £40,000 – £80,000 (Depending on Experience)
- New offices in Bristol or Cheltenham
- Hybrid or Remote Working
- Flexible working
- Performance Based Salary Increases
- Bonus (Based on individual performance)
- Equity / Stock Options
- 25 Days holidays + 8 Bank Holiday
- Start-Up Environment
- Pension up to 8% Matched
My client operate a Hybrid & Remote working environment offering 3-4 days a week working from home (hybrid but 100% at home if remote) on average, however when the need arises you will be required to attend the Bristol or Cheltenham office.
My client can offer a 3-stage process consisting of a 1st stage Video Call and a 2nd Stage Technical/Architecture based interview and the 3rd stage a meet and greet with the founder of the business. This process can be complete within 2 weeks (based on availability)