Embedded Engineer (C++, Python, Linux) – £60k + Weymouth
Embedded Software Engineer (C++, Python, Linux OS) – £60k + Weymouth/Hybrid Working
My client are looking for an Embedded Software Engineer (C++, Python, Linux OS) to join their exciting team who are cutting edge technology company.
Due to the success of the company, they are looking to expand the team considerably in 2021/22 and this Embedded Software Engineer (C++, Python, Linux OS) be an integral part of the Software Development team. This Embedded Software Engineer (C++, Python, Linux OS) be able to work independently on own projects and on Team Projects.
Key Responsibilities of the Embedded Software Engineer (C++, Python, Linux OS):
- Maintenance and support on existing software applications.
- Design and implement software from requirements through to production and commercial deployment.
- Design, develop, code, test and debug system software.
- Review Code and Designs.
- Analyse and enhance efficiency, stability and scalability of systems resources.
- Support software QA
- Provide post production support.
- Interface with other departments within the organisation.
The main skills needed for the Embedded Software Engineer (C++, Python, Linux OS) are:
- BS Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or equivalent.
- Proven work experience in software engineering post qualification.
- Solid programming experience in C/C++ (modern C++11 and beyond)
- Experience with Python.
- Good, working knowledge of the Linux OS.
- Experience in hands-on development and troubleshooting.
- Experience of embedded software development.
- Hands-on system engineering skills, including fault diagnosis. Our software is used in electromechanical devices so understanding how the different elements interact is essential.
- Familiarity with software configuration management tools, defect tracking tools and peer review.
- Experience with Git.
- Strong personal organisation, documentation and writing skills.
Nice to Have (not essential):
- Experience with C# or Rust programming languages.
- Creating and maintaining database schemas in SQL.
- Familiarity with Atlassian tools: BitBucket, Jira and Confluence.
- Experience across multiple operating systems: Windows, Mac OSX, Linux, Android, ThreadX, FreeRTOS.
- Yocto build system.
What’s on offer:
- Salary £50,000 – £60,000
- Working Hours: Mon – Thurs 08:00 to 16:45 & Fri 08:00 to 12:30
- 25 Days Holiday.
- Hybrid working if it’s possible (this will depend on the phase of a project and what you are working on) but typically this would mean you can do up to 2 days a week at home and 3 in the office.
- Pension is 4% employee, 5% company.
- Sick Pay
- Health insurance
My client ideally wishes to have this person based as close to Weymouth (close to their office) as possible but will also be open to remote candidates as well.
My client can offer a 2-stage process consisting of a 1st stage Video Call and a 2nd Stage Technical/Architecture based interview this process can be complete within 1 week (based on availability)