VP – Senior Software Engineer – Foreign Exchange (FX) Technology
elitepeoplepartners Elite People Partners Ltd
A Service Beyond the Ordinary
VP – Senior Java/C++ Engineer – (Java, Spring, eFX) – £155k – London
My client, a Top Tier Investment Bank, are looking to grow their Foreign Exchange (FX) Technology team working with cutting-edge technology to support a top 3 leadership position on the Foreign Exchange space.
The VP – Senior Java/C++ Engineer – (Java, Spring, eFX) will be working with the technology supporting ultra-low latency (ULL) Foreign Exchange trading that involves very large amounts of data, strong performance requirements and globally distributed infrastructure. ULL FX trading is an area of growth with a fully packed product development roadmap and non-functional efficiency challenges abound.
The VP – Senior Java/C++ Engineer – (Java, Spring, eFX) will be working on the technology providing operational real time dashboards, data capturing and flexible reporting. This platform is very tightly integrated with the rest of ULL FX stack, has product owners within the electronic trading team and uses modern User Intelligence (UI) technologies like AngularJS and TypeScript with high performance backend built in Java. Since 2020, the use of this platform has grown dramatically within the Foreign Exchange business and is now used across Rates and Credit Trading.
Your key responsibilities:
- Undertaking development across functional and non-functional project goals
- Investing in automated testing coverage and test-driven development
- Performance research and ability to apply out of the box thinking to solve performance or bandwidth bottlenecks
- Close collaboration with Electronic Foreign Exchange (eFX) Quantitative research and trading teams on a wide range of topics including platform goals, design, feedback on enhancements and usability
- Clear and concise documentation covering the solution design, architecture choices and any complicated code points
Your skills and experience:
- Excellent knowledge of core Java platform
- Experience in performance optimisation of multi-threaded Java application is a plus
- Experience implementing fault-tolerant/ load-balancing solutions
- Experience working with Spring framework is beneficial
How you will be supported:
- Training and development to help you excel in your career
- Coaching and support from experts in your team
- A culture of continuous learning to aid progression
- A range of flexible benefits that you can tailor to suit your needs
What’s on offer:
A healthy, engaged, and well-supported workforce are better equipped to do their best work and, more importantly, enjoy their lives inside and outside the workplace. That’s why my client is committed to providing an environment with your development and wellbeing at its centre.
- Salary £125,000 – £155,000
- 20-30% Bonus
- Hybrid Working arrangements with the opportunity to work in the office and remotely from home
- 30 days’ holiday plus bank holidays, with the option to purchase additional days
- Life Assurance and Private Healthcare for you and your family
- A range of flexible benefits including Retail Discounts, a Bike4Work scheme and Gym benefits
- The opportunity to support a wide-ranging CSR programme + 2 days’ volunteering leave per year
My client wants to have offered the role to the successful candidate within weeks so if you are interested, please don’t hesitate to contact me. My client offers a 3-stage process that can be completed within 3 weeks subject to your availability.
If you are interested in this role, please apply to this role with your CV attached.