Senior Optics Engineer – (Medical Device, ISO14971, ISO13485) – £55k – South Wales
eliteppartners Elite People Partners Ltd
A Service Beyond the Ordinary
Senior Optics Engineer – (Medical Device, ISO14971, ISO13485) – £55k – South Wales (Hybrid Working)
My Medical Device Client are looking for a Senior Optics Engineer with experience with optical engineering and new product introduction of mechanical electrical medical devices. This role is based in our Head Office in Chepstow (with flexible working arrangements possible). We are looking for an ambitious and motivated individual with a degree in mechanical engineering, electrical engineering, product design or related discipline with a strong interest and experience in medical device development to support:
- Research and implementation of optical technologies into our range of single use endoscopic equipment
- Our design and development procedure, producing design control, risk management and technical reports according to international standards and our internal procedures
- Generating full design packages, design history and risk management files to facilitate transfer to production and preparing for submission to regulatory processes
Your key responsibilities of the Senior Optics Engineer – (Medical Device, ISO14971, ISO13485)
- Ideate, develop and test new optical technologies. Be a key influencer in the direction of our R&D and NPI strategy.
- Design mechanical electrical medical devices including design for manufacturing and design for assembly/ disassembly.
- Support verification and validation activities by planning, performing and documenting tests as appropriate.
- Overcome challenges and solve problems to enable fast paced progress.
- Co-ordination with internal/external stakeholders, including clinicians, contract designers and contract manufacturers.
- Communicate clearly and professionally to facilitate project management tasks.
- Adherence to a quality management system
Your skills and experience of the Senior Optics Engineer – (Medical Device, ISO14971, ISO13485)
- Knowledge of optical design and testing particularly free space /geometrical optics and working with optical fibres, optical testing and optical alignment techniques.
- Familiarity with optical materials and components used in the infrared, visible, and ultraviolet spectral range.
- A degree in engineering/ physics or a related discipline
- A strong interest and be able to understand the medical device field, or other highly regulated environment
- A range of engineering skills to overcome varied engineering challenges, to balance existing skills within the team a bias toward electrical engineering is preferred
- Accountable for your own workload, while being happy to build positive collaborations with colleagues, suppliers, and customers.
- Able to travel to supplier/ customer sites.
- Well organised, able to manage their own time effectively and track multiple tasks at various level of completion.
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment, willing to pick up new skills and make informed decisions based on available evidence and expertise.
- Familiarity with optical simulation and testing software such as Zemax, CodeV, Imatest etc.
- Competent in core design methodologies and tools, previous experience with designing machine elements, integrating with systems with software, and Solidworks CAD would be an advantage.
- Experience with photonics and interferometry is desirable
- Specific experience in digital imaging using CMOS sensors, and image quality testing is highly desirable.
- Photobiological testing including testing to IEC 60825/IEC 62471 would be beneficial.
What’s on offer:
My client is committed to giving you opportunities to be your best. They believe in embracing the passion and potential of their people, and to achieve this they offer:
- £45,000 – £55,000 (depending on experience)
- Hybrid Working (3 days on site)
- 25 days’ holiday plus bank holidays
- Life Assurance
- Private Healthcare
- Additional Flexible Benefits.
- Career Progression
My client wants to have offered the role to the successful candidate within weeks so if you are interested, please don’t hesitate to contact me. My client offers a 3-stage process that can be completed within 2 weeks subject to your availability.
If you are interested in this role, please apply to this role with your CV attached.